T strainers, also known as Tee strainers or T-strainers, are in-line basket strainers. Furthermore, they are used in a pipeline to prohibit foreign matter from damaging equipment downstream. As well, they are great for the protection of Pumps or Meters. Also, they are a type of industrial strainer. Custom engineered and fabricated T strainers RF or RTJ Flanges or Buttweld end connections under ASME 16.34, and 16.5 are standard thru-bolt cover designs. In addition, you can install the strainer in horizontal or vertical pipelines. Additionally, three flow designs are available. Moreover, stainless steel perforated screens are standard. Finally, be sure you cover the lifting lug standard on sizes 10″ and more prominent.
Tee Strainers are custom fabricated compact strainers. Also, T Strainers are designed to remove foreign particles from pipelines. Tee Strainers provide the ultimate protection for pumps, valves, and other related equipment. The Tee Strainer can be fabricated to meet your specifications. The standard Tee Strainer is constructed of carbon or stainless steel material. Also, we can supply t-strainers in almost any material. Including fabricating these t strainers from chrome-moly material. Other end connections and accessories are available.
SCREEN REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR T STRAINERS, T-STRAINERS, TEE STRAINERS
- First, drain piping.
- Second, vent line to relieve pressure.
- Next, Loosen the cover and open to access screen.
- Then, remove, clean, and replace the screen in its original position (Note: In some instances, a high-pressure water jet or steam may be required for effective cleaning).
- After that, Inspect the cover gasket for damage. If necessary, replace. (Note: If spiral wound gaskets have been used, they must be replaced and can not be used again).
- Finally, tighten the cover. The tee strainer, t-strainer, t strainer is ready for line startup.
- It would help if YOU took CAUTION DUE TO THE POSSIBLE EMISSION OF PROCESS MATERIAL FROM PIPING. Furthermore, ALWAYS ENSURE NO LINE PRESSURE EXISTS WHEN OPENING COVER.
INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS FOR T STRAINERS, T-STRAINERS, TEE STRAINERS
• After pressurizing, inspect cover and other joints for leakage. Further, if there is leakage, you need to tighten the cap or replace the gasket.
• If the required filtration is not taking place. Then ensure the screen is installed in the correct position. Also, it’s flush to the screen seating surfaces.
- Ensure all machined surfaces are free of defects and that the inside of the t-strainer is free of foreign objects.
- For horizontal and vertical pipelines, the t-strainer should be installed to point down the blow-down drain connection.
- For flanged end t-strainers, the flange bolting should be tightened gradually in a back and forth clockwise motion. Threaded end t strainers should use an appropriate sealant.
- Once installed, increase line pressure gradually and check for leakage around joints.
If the t strainer is supplied with a start-up screen, monitor pressure drops carefully. Moreover, if you want maximum efficiency, determine the length of time it takes for the pressure drop to double that in the clean condition. Furthermore, once the pressure drop reaches an unacceptable value, shut down the line and follow the “Screen Removal Instructions” above. Next, a pressure gauge is installed before and after the t-strainer in-line will indicate pressure loss due to clogging. Thus may be used to determine when cleaning is required.
WARNING: This product operates in pipelines or equipment that carries fluids and gasses at elevated temperatures and pressures. Therefore, you should take caution to ensure that this equipment is installed correctly and inspected regularly. Also, it would help if you took notice to protect personnel from fluid or gas leakage.
As their namesake suggests, T-strainers are oriented “T” fashion. For instance, one stem holds the strainer between two sides of another steam. Like the T-strainer, the Y strainers are very popular. Also, Y-strainers tend to be more cost-effective. However, often come as rigid designs with set specifications.
On the other hand, T-strainers can be built to virtually any spec. Thus depending on fluid, pressure, and pipe schedule needs. As well as, T-strainers can typically handle higher velocities than Y-Strainers.
What is a type-T Strainer
T-type strainer is likewise referred to as Bathtub strainer, they may be used as fixed strainers in massive bore strains of 2′′ and above. They can be flanged or welded to the pipe system on which they may be mounted. Tee strainers is a customized compound strainer meant to extract contaminants from the pipeline. Tee Style Strainers are a low-value alternative for nominal bore straining specifications. They may be mounted in vertical or horizontal pipes and may be designed for right-angled installations. Tee type strainers are generally prepared with a whole lot of graded filtration standards (first-rate to coarse or vise – versa) to ensure that the tool plays at the suitable stage of cleanliness when fully loaded. Tee strainers include either a screwed cover or a quick-opening cover for easy accessibility.