Tee Strainers, T Strainers, T-Strainers
Tee Strainers are a custom fabricated
compact strainer. They are designed to remove foreign particles from pipelines. Tee Strainers provide the ultimate protection for pumps, valves, and other related equipment. The Tee Strainer can be fabricated to meet your specifications. The standard Tee Strainer is constructed of Carbon or Stainless Steel material. We can supply t-strainers in almost any material. Including fabricating these t-strainers from Chrome-Moly material. Other end connections and accessories are available.
INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS FOR T STRAINERS, T-STRAINERS, TEE STRAINERS
• After pressurizing, inspect cover and other joints for leakage. Gasket replacement or cover tightening is necessary if leakage occurs.
• If the required filtration is not taking place, ensure the screen is installed in the correct position, that being flush to the screen seating
- Ensure all machined surfaces are free of defects and that the inside of the t-strainer is free of foreign objects.
- For horizontal and vertical pipelines, the t-strainer should be installed so that the blow-down drain connection is pointed downward.
- For flanged end t-strainers, the flange bolting should be tightened gradually in a back and forth clockwise motion. Threaded end t strainers should use an appropriate sealant.
- Once installed, increase line pressure gradually and check for leakage around joints.
- If the t strainer is supplied with a start-up screen, monitor pressure drop carefully. For maximum efficiency, determine the length of time it takes for the pressure drop to double that in the clean condition. Once the pressure drop reaches an unacceptable value, shut down line and follow the “Screen Removal Instructions” above. A pressure gauge installed before and after the t-strainer or t strainer in-line will indicate pressure loss due to clogging and may be used to determine when cleaning is required.
SCREEN REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR T STRAINERS, T-STRAINERS, TEE STRAINERS
- Drain piping.
- Vent line to relieve pressure.
- Loosen cover and open to access screen.
- Remove, clean and replace screen in original position (Note: In some instances, a high pressure water jet or steam may be required for
- Inspect cover gasket for damage. If necessary, replace. (Note: If spiral wound gaskets have been used, they must be replaced and can not be used again).
- Tighten cover. The tee strainer, t-strainer, t strainer, is ready for line startup. CAUTION SHOULD BE TAKEN DUE TO POSSIBLE
EMISSION OF PROCESS MATERIAL FROM PIPING. ALWAYS ENSURE NO LINE PRESSURE EXISTS
WHEN OPENING COVER.
WARNING: This product operates in pipelines or with equipment that carries fluids and/or gasses at
elevated temperatures and pressures. Caution should be taken to make sure that this equipment is
installed correctly and inspected regularly. Caution should also be taken to protect personnel from
fluid or gas leakage.