The Pipe Penetration Seal provides a gas and watertight seal. Pipe penetration seals PTFE lined with Teflon for corrosive chemical applications. Pipe Penetration Seals assist in achieving an efficient, low-cost mechanical seal between any electrical conduit, concrete, cast iron, steel, copper, or PVC/CPVC pipes passing through walls, floors, tanks, pipeline casings, and vaults.
Piping seals, while sealing the gap in electrical conduit lines, will also act as an insulator. The pipe seal provides gas and watertight seal. We can test all sizes to withstand a hydrostatic seal up to 20 PSIG or 40 feet of head pressure and withstand temperatures up to 250° F.
Standard elastomer material is EPDM, which is suitable for temperatures ranging from -40° F to 250° F. EPDM is ideal for most applications in water—above ground and direct burial—and will provide the electrical insulation where cathodic protection is required.
The silicone material is also available for higher temperature applications up to 400° F. Where the pipe seal may come in contact with hydrocarbons, oil, gas, jet fuel, and various solvents, a nitrile material is available with temperatures ranging from -40° F to 210° F.
Piping seals utilize glass-reinforced plastic for the pressure plates, and all hardware is manufactured from steel zinc dichromate. For corrosion resistance, 316 Stainless Steel hardware is also available. Various applications for the pipe seal
- Wall Sleeves • Precast Concrete • Valve Pits
- Floor Sleeves • Mining • Offshore Oil Platforms
- Interior Piping • Marine • Telecommunications
- Noise Dampener • Water & Wastewater • Dual Containment Seal
- Electrical Contractors • HVAC • Underground Steel Tanks
- Coal Preparation Plants
- Pulp & Paper
- Power Generation
Pipe Penetration Seal
The Pipe Seal provides cost-effective and specific protection pipes and passage through walls and floors for twenty psig. Wall sleeves are available. Selection starts with materials. Three sorts of rubber and two types of metal hardware are available.
EPDM is the correct choice for many applications. However, an organic compound is best if the seal is exposed to hydrocarbons. Likewise, you may use chrome steel hardware rather than galvanized hardware. Furthermore, a polymer is best for high-temperature applications.
When selecting materials, you identify which model additionally how many links are needed. Help may be provided in filler or check our filler tables or calculator spreadsheet.
Rubber expansion joints, metal expansion joints, and pipe seals can help a pipe system.
What is a Pipe Seal?
The sizing tables recommend hole sizes for numerous sorts and sizes of piping, in conjunction with the Pipe Seal model and, therefore, the range of links required. The sizing program is best used once the opening scale isn’t recommended within the sizing tables.
The PipeSeal provides an economical and sure method of sealing pipes and conduit through walls and floors for 20 psig. Wall sleeves are also available.
Choice starts with materials. Three types of rubber and two types of metal hardware are available. For most applications, EPDM is the proper choice, but Nitrile is best if the pipe seal may be exposed to hydrocarbons. Stainless steel hardware can also be used instead of galvanized hardware in areas where corrosion is more challenging. Additionally, silicone is the choice for high-temperature applications.
First, choose materials. Next, determine which you will need to model and how many links. Furthermore, we can provide help with sizing. The sizing tables suggest hole sizes for various types and sizes of piping, along with the PipeSeal model and the number of links required. The sizing spreadsheet is best used when the size of the hole used is not what we have suggested in the sizing tables.
What are the functions of a Pipe Seal?
The following main criteria for the development of pipeline joints are:
- Leak tightness from both infiltration and exfiltration
- Ease and reliability of jointing on site
- Long term durability
The first two requirements have been a focus for many years, but now long-term durability is becoming increasingly important as modern pipeline networks are often required to perform for more than 100 years.
Piping seals form a mechanical rubber seal between pipes going through walls, floors, vaults, tanks, and pipeline casings and make a watertight seal between a pipe and a wall hole. You can also use it to seal a gap between an inner pipe and an outer pipe sleeve or pipeline casing. The pipe seal also will seal the gap between the electrical conduit and the outer conduit or between the electrical conduit and the wall hole it passes through. Our pipe seal is designed to form a hydrostatic seal of up to 20 psig and up to 40 feet of head.
In addition to its sealing, the PIPE SEAL helps absorb vibrations, shocks, and sound waves. It also insulates the inner pipe from other outer structures, including outer pipe sleeves, pipeline casings, walls, and tanks. The pipe seal is made from synthetic rubber with heavy-duty plastic pressure plates, resistant to sunlight and ozone. All bolts and nuts are plated with an anticorrosive Schedule 40 or Standard Weight Pipe corrosive coating. Stainless steel nuts and bolts are also available.
Piping seal installation instructions
1. Properly select the size of the Pipe-seal required to seal the penetration using the Sizing Charts on pages 2 through 7.
2. Wrap the Pipe-SEAL around the pipe and connect the ends.
3. Slide the Pipe-SEAL into position.
4. Tighten each bolt on each pressure plate for about 2–3 turns, going around the pipe (do not cross-tighten bolts) until a proper seal is formed. A socket or offset wrench for 5/16, 1/2, 3/8, 9/16, 3/4, or 1-13/16″ bolts will handle all installations.
CT = Copper Tubing
EMT = Electrical Metallic Tubing
IMC = Intermediate Metal Conduit
RSC = Rigid Steel Conduit
DI = Ductile Iron Pipe
CI (EH) = Cast Iron (Extra Heavy)
CI (SW) = Cast Iron (Service Weight)
To help with an RFQ. Please try to provide the following information.
NOMINAL PIPE SIZE (Inches)
TYPE OF PIPE
INNER PIPE THROUGH A CORE DRILLED HOLE
INNER PIPE THROUGH A WALL SLEEVE
HOLE DIA. (Inches)
Pipe Seal MODEL NUMBER
REQUIRED NUMBER OF LINKS
SLEEVE ID (Inches)
Pipe-SEAL / MODEL PS
Terms and Conditions
1. All quotations are subject to approval, acceptance, and correction. Any errors in quotations resulting in orders will be corrected and resubmitted to the customer for their acceptance or refusal. You may make up no prices from information other than that shown in the tables.
2. All prices are F.O.B. Stockton, CA, and are quoted exclusive of any consumables, factory hydro testing, taxes, handling, and installation. Terms: Net 30 days from the date of invoice.
3. Cancellation or alteration of an order or return of any product by the buyer may not be made without the advance written consent of Dannenbaum LLC. It shall be subjected to a cancellation charge. In addition, a minimum restocking charge shall be placed on any returned or stocked goods. Fabricated items are not returnable.
4. We will not be responsible for delays in shipping due to conditions beyond our control, such as strikes, fires, or accidents.
5. you must make any claims for shortages or damaged products in writing within ten days after receipt of shipment.
6. Prices are subject to change without notice.
All products are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for one year from the date of shipment, subject to the limitations below.
If the purchaser believes a product is defective, the purchaser shall:
(a) Notify the manufacturer, state the alleged defect, and request permission to return the product.
(b) If permission is given, return the product with transportation prepaid. Suppose the product is accepted for return and found to be defective. In that case, the manufacturer will, at
its discretion, either repair or replace the product FOB factory within 60 days of receipt or refund the purchase price. Other than to repair, replace or refund as described above, the purchaser agrees that manufacturer shall not be liable for any loss, costs, expenses, or damages of any kind arising out of the product, its use, installation or replacement, labeling, instructions, information or technical data of any kind, description of product or use, sampling or model, warnings or lack of any of the preceding.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES, WRITTEN OR ORAL, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY, ARE MADE OR AUTHORIZED. NO AFFIRMATION OF FACT, PROMISE, DESCRIPTION OF PRODUCT OF USE OR SAMPLE, OR MODEL SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY FROM THE MANUFACTURER UNLESS SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE MANUFACTURER. These products are not manufactured, sold, or intended for personal, family, or household purposes.