Hydraulic Snubbers Pipe Support
Hydraulic Snubbers Pipe Supports normal operating conditions, hydraulic snubber allows a piping system which experiences displacement to maintain its required flexibility. Often a vibrasnub get confused with a hydraulic snubber.
Hydraulic snubber incorporates a ‘through rod’ design. This provides the following benefits over competitor products:
- No need for an external reservoir – the piston rod on either side of the piston means the hydraulic fluid volume does not change.
- Strong design – the piston rod is supported at both ends to avoid ‘knuckling’ and subsequent wear on the bearings.
- Small diameter – efficient design and no external reservoir results in a compact product.
- Enables the snubber to be installed in any orientation.
- Results in robust product with strong and reliable performance.
FEATURES OF HYDRAULIC SNUBBERS
- Piston rod and main components of snubber are suitably treated to provide a high level of corrosion resistance. This avoids corrosion issues and wear of bearings which would occur if piston rod corroded.
- Sealing systems have been specially designed to ensure long working life without leakage.
- Hydraulic fluid specially selected for snubber operation.
- Compact design with pressurized built in hydraulic system. No external piping or reservoir. Requires minimal space envelope for installation.
- Rings of body of snubber, spaced at 10mm, provide an axial travel scale.
- Finish of non stainless steel parts is by hot zinc spray. This provides a better protection than galvanizing or epoxy paint systems.
- Minimal lost motion in snubber performance achieved by design of seal system.
- Rod end connections on snubbers allow + – 5-degree angulation.
- Extension pieces on snubbers provide precise installed lengths required.
- Valves are critical to the performance of a snubber.
PERFORMANCE OF SNUBBERS
- Standard lock up rate 3 to 5 mm/sec.
- Bleed rate 0.2 to 2mm/sec.
- Drag force less than 2% of rated load.
- All snubbers tested on our purpose built test rig and results tabulated as below.
Hydraulic Shock Arrestors
The range of hydraulic shock arrestor has been developed to protect pipelines and related plant equipment from the effect of shock loads caused by circumstances such as seismic activity, water hammer, etc. When subjected to sudden movements which exceed specific velocity levels, the shock arrestor ‘locks’ momentarily and forms a rigid connection.
Hydraulic shock arrestors are available in loads up to 750,000 N (75,000 kg) and travels up to 450 mm.