Anvil Engineered Pipe Supports have been the industry standard for over a hundred and fifty years. We bring the most experience, the highest quality product and the best engineering innovation to bear on any engineered pipe support problem in the Power Generation, Petrochemical and Industrial Process industries.
Variable spring hangers provide economical support for piping systems with vertical thermal expansion. Anvil’s spring hangers can be utilized in a variety of situations where adaptation is just as important as durability.
(1) Saves up to 50% in headroom by reducing the length of the hanger.
(2) Reduces the installed height of the overall hanger assembly.
(3) Prevents the spring supporting force from exceeding the normal safe limits of variations.
Standard Finish: Painted with semi-gloss primer.
Corrosion Resistant: Anvil offers corrosion-resistant and weather-resistant Variable Spring Hangers to fill vital needs in the chemical and refinery industries as well as in modern outdoor power plant construction. For protection against severe weather conditions or moderate corrosive conditions, the parts of the hanger are galvanized per ASTM A-153, except the spring which has a protective coating and the load column for Type F which is electro-galvanized.
Advantages of a Protective Coating:
- Protects from a wide range of corrosives.
- Does not affect the flex life of the spring.
- Recommended for ambient temperatures up to 200° F
Travel stop: The functional design of the pre-compressed variable spring hanger permits the incorporation of a two-piece travel stop that locks the hanger spring against upward or downward movement for temporary conditions of under load or overload. Permanently attached travel stops available upon request.
Approvals: WW-H-171E (Types 51, 56 and 57), ANSI/MSS SP-69 and MSS SP-58 (Types 51, 52 and 53).
Our constant supports are the industry standard, providing reliable service for both big and small projects.
The exclusive geometric design of Anvil Model R Constant Support Hanger assures perfectly constant support through the entire deflection of the pipe load. This counter-balancing of the load and spring moments about the main pivot is obtained by the use of carefully designed compression type load springs, lever, and spring tension rods. Visit dannenbaumllc.com.
Finish: Standard finish; painted with semi gloss primer. Corrosion resistant; galvanized with coated coil or painted with CZ11 and coated coil.
Recommended Service: When piping stress is critical and pipe is subject to vertical movement in excess of 1⁄2″ due to thermal expansion, and also at locations where it is necessary to avoid any transfer of stress from support or onto critical terminals or connecting equipment.
Approvals: WW-H-171E (Types 52, 58 and 59), ANSI/MSS SP-69 and MSS SP-58 (Types 54, 55 and 56).
- Because of exclusive geometric design, mathematically perfect constancy of support is maintained throughout the full range of load adjustment.
- Compactness – design provides smaller and more versatile units.
- Increased load and travel capacity.
- Each hanger is individually calibrated before shipment to support the exact load specified.
- All model R constant supports have a wide range of load adjustability. No less than 10% of this adjustability is provided either side of the calibrated load.
- White button marked “C” denotes cold setting of hanger; red button marked “H” denotes hot or operating setting.
- Field load adjustment is made by turning the single load adjustment bolt.
- Covered spring provides protection and good appearance.
- J-rod swings at least 4° from vertical.
- Non-resonant to all vertical vibrations.
Snubbers allow free thermal movement of piping and equipment during normal operation. When locked up by transient loads they provide resistance to movement, protecting your piping and equipment.
The unit is not effective against low amplitude, high frequency movement. Use with standard settings to prevent destructive response to earthquakes, flow transients or wind load. Special settings are available to absorb the continuous thrust resulting from safety valve blow-off or pipe rupture.
Size Range: Two standard product lines (Fig. 200 or Fig. 3306) with load ratings from 350 to 128,000 pounds and strokes up to 20″.
The standard settings are: Locking (activation) velocity 8 ± 2 in/min. Bleed rate (post activation) at normal rated load 4 ± 1 in/min. (Special settings are available). The valves are calibrated at the factory within the tolerances indicated at room temperature. Locking velocity and bleed rate will vary with temperature. Testing has indicated that there is little effect of these changes on dynamic operation.
- Valves are available as either temperature compensating or as adjustable
- Available with pressurized, polycarbonate, or metal vented reservoirs
- Continuous operation at 150° F with brief transients to 350° F
- Factory calibrated valves
- Rapid, positive valve closure
- Special design minimizes the “lost motion” which results from the shifting and seating of piston seals
- Unlocked resisting force is less than 17 1⁄2 pounds for sizes 1⁄4 and 1⁄2 Fig. 3306 and less than 2% of rated load for all other sizes
- Stable non-flammable, long life hydraulic fluid
- Self-aligning bushings permit ± 5° misalignment or angular motion. Bushings are coated with a dry lubricant.
Hardware includes steel attachments, pipe attachments, rod components, and u-bolts.
Service: For attachment and suspension with constant supports and beams, especially where loads are considerable and rod sizes are large. Versatility affords economical stocking and erection.
Material: Carbon steel, Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel
Finish: Plain, Painted, or Galvanized (up to 450° F)