Anvil Engineered Pipe Supports have been the industry standard for over a hundred and fifty years. We bring the most experience, the highest quality product, and the best engineering innovation to bear on any engineered pipe support problem in the Power Generation, Petrochemical, and Industrial Process industries.
Variable spring hangers provide economic support for piping systems with vertical thermal expansion. Furthermore, Anvil’s spring hangers can utilize various situations where adaptation is just as important as durability.
(1) Saves up to 50% in headroom by reducing the length of the hanger.
(2) Reduces the installed height of the overall hanger assembly.
(3) Prevents the spring supporting force from exceeding the normal safe limits of variations.
Standard Finish: Is painted with semi-gloss primer.
Corrosion Resistant: Anvil offers corrosion-resistant and weather-resistant Variable Spring Hangers to fill vital needs in the chemical and refinery industries and modern outdoor power plant construction.
Hanger parts are galvanized for protection against severe weather conditions.
Advantages of a Protective Coating:
- It protects from a wide range of corrosives.
- Also, it does not affect the flex life of the spring.
- Recommended for ambient temperatures up to 200° F
Travel stop: The functional design of the pre-compressed variable spring hanger permits incorporating a two-piece travel stop that locks the hanger spring against upward or downward movement for temporary conditions of underload or overload. Permanently attached travel stops are available upon request.
Approvals: WW-H-171E (Types 51, 56 and 57), ANSI/MSS SP-69 and MSS SP-58 (Types 51, 52 and 53).
Our constant supports are the industry standard, providing reliable service for both big and small projects.
The exclusive geometric design of the Anvil Model R Constant Support Hanger assures perfectly constant support through the total deflection of the pipe load.
This counter-balancing of the load and spring moments about the central pivot is obtained using carefully designed compression-type load springs, lever, and spring tension rods.
Finish: Standard finish; painted with semi-gloss primer. Corrosion-resistant; galvanized with coated coil or painted with CZ11 and coated coil.
Recommended Service: When piping stress is critical, and pipe is subject to vertical movement more than 1⁄2″ due to thermal expansion and locations where it is necessary to avoid any transfer of stress from support or onto critical terminals or connecting equipment.
Approvals: WW-H-171E (Types 52, 58 and 59), ANSI/MSS SP-69 and MSS SP-58 (Types 54, 55 and 56).
- Because of exclusive geometric design, mathematically perfect support is maintained throughout the full range of load adjustment.
- Compactness – design provides minor and more versatile units.
- It increased load and travel capacity.
- Each hanger is individually calibrated before shipment to support the exact load specified.
- All model R constant supports have a wide range of load adjustability. No less than 10% of this adjustability is provided on either side of the calibrated load.
- The white button marked “C” denotes the cold setting of the hanger; the red button marked “H” indicates the hot or operating location.
- Field load adjustment is made by turning the single load adjustment bolt.
- A covered spring provides protection and a pleasing appearance; the J-rod swings at least 4° from the vertical position.
- Non-resonant to all vertical vibrations.
Snubbers allow free thermal movement of piping and equipment during regular operation. However, when locked up by transient loads, they provide resistance to action, protecting your piping and equipment.
The unit is not effective against low amplitude, high-frequency movement. Use standard settings to prevent destructive responses to earthquakes, flow transients, or wind load. Unique locations are available to absorb the continuous thrust resulting from safety valve blow-off or pipe rupture.
Size Range: Two standard product lines (Fig. 200 or Fig. 3306) with load ratings from 350 to 128,000 pounds and strokes up to 20″.
The standard settings are Locking (activation) velocity eight ± 2 in/min. Bleed rate (post-activation) at average rated load four ± 1 in/min. (Special settings are available). Also, the valves are calibrated at the factory within the tolerances indicated at room temperature. Therefore, locking velocity and bleed rate will vary with temperature. However, testing has shown that there is little effect of these changes on dynamic operation.
- Valves are available as either temperature compensating or as adjustable
- Available with pressurized, polycarbonate, or metal vented reservoirs
- Continuous operation at 150° F with brief transients to 350° F
- Factory calibrated valves
- Rapid, positive valve closure
- Unique design minimizes the “lost motion,” which results from the shifting and seating of piston seals.
- Unlocked resisting force is less than 17 1⁄2 pounds for sizes 1⁄4 and 1⁄2 Fig. 3306 and less than 2% of rated load for all other sizes.
- Stable, non-flammable, long-life hydraulic fluid
- Self-aligning bushings permit ± 5° misalignment or angular motion.
Hardware includes steel attachments, pipe attachments, rod components, and u-bolts.
Service: For attachment and suspension with constant supports and beams, especially where loads are considerable, rod sizes are large. Versatility affords economic stocking and erection.
Material: Carbon steel, Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel.
Finish: Plain, Painted, or Galvanized (up to 450° F)